- The CID Board of Directors passed the following resolution (Nov 2020):
"Moved - to urge the congregations of the Central Illinois District to vote on the request by the Synod President to delay the Synod convention by one year, permitting district conventions an additional year to meet. The Board recommends approval. The Board of Directors will move the District Convention to the summer of 2022, pending the outcome of the Synodical vote. Carried without dissent."
- ANNOUNCEMENT FROM Dr. John Sias, Secretary LCMS: "More than the required one-fourth (63.32%) of the Synod’s member congregations registered a vote, and the majority (90.67%) of votes cast favored adoption. The stated extension of the 2019–2022 triennium by a year, allowing district conventions to take place in either 2021 or 2022 and deferring the national Synod convention from 2022 to 2023, is therefore adopted. The member congregations of the Synod and all who facilitated their voting are to be thanked for their urgent and diligent attention to this question, on account of which it was able to be decided not only by a majority of the votes cast but by a majority of the member congregations. We pray that the additional year it allows will bear rich fruit in the churchly deliberative assemblies of the districts and the Synod.
- CID Referendum Results: Yes 99/93.4% to No 7/6.6%, 106 of 151 congregations participating/70.2%.
- In line with the CID Board of Directors decision in November we can expect that our convention will be held in July of 2022.
- CONVENTION DATES: July 17-19, 2022 at Crowne Plaza, Springfield, IL
Vacancies (17 total, 9 actively calling)
- Ash Grove/Cissna Park, St. John/Trinity - Rev. Timothy Hahn has just accepted a call to Immanuel, Haxtun, CO and his last Sunday is September 12. A Pre-Call meeting is yet to be scheduled as well as a circuit visitor will need to be appointed.
- Bloomington, Our Redeemer - Rev. Peter Weeks has accepted a call to Carbondale. A Pre-Call meeting will need to scheduled soon.
- Casey/Robinson, Trinity/Redeemer - The Rev. Steven Becker is assisting in the vacancy. They extended calls to Rev. Toby Heller of Beulah ND and Rev. Mark Raddatz of Ohio and they declined. They have extended a call to Rev. Benjamin Siebert of Lincoln KS and he declined. They would like additional names.
- Decatur, St. Paul - Is proceeding with seeking a Senior Pastor following Rev. Eric Trickey's being called to glory. They extended a call to Rev. Robert Goodwin of Palm Springs, CA and he has accepted. Installation is planned for 2 pm August 8th.
- Havana, St. Paul - Pastor Wendorf left at the end of December 2019. Pastor Mark Drews and other pastors from the Lincoln Circuit are assisting in the vacancy. They have extended a call to Rev. Andrew G. Johnson of Manilla, IA and he has declined. They then called Rev. Adam Mantheny of Mankato, MN and he has declined.
- Lincoln, Faith - Rev. Mark Peters retired in September and has moved to NID. Rev. Clarence Rogers is serving the vacancy. They called the Rev. Christopher Lieske of Monticello MN and he has declined. They have received additional names. The have extended a call to Rev. Jacob Stuenkel of Napoleon, OH and he has declined.
- Loda, Immanuel - has been vacant since their pastor, Rev. David Allen, was called to glory. They are currently being served by Rev. Earl Kinnee.
- Macomb, Immanuel and Student Center - The Rev. Tom Baker of MO is serving during the vacancy. They had a call meeting on June 27th and called Rev. Marcus Baikie of Cheyenne WY and he has declined. They are requesting more names.
- New Berlin, St. John - Pastor Benning has accepted the call to Trinity, Nashville, IL. The vacancy has been set up with Rev. Martin Kaufmann serving together with various pastor providing pulpit supply. A Pre-Call meeting is yet to be held with the leadership/call committee.
- New Holland, Zion - Pastor Michael Damery is serving the vacancy following Pastor Olander's retirement at the end of September. A Pre-Call Meeting was held October 5.
- Newton, Good Shepherd - Rev. Michael Seidenstricker has retired as of the end of 2016. A Pre-call meeting was held on April 3, 2018. The congregational self-study has been received. They are being served by Rev. Earl Brown of Effingham.
- Quincy, St. James - Pastor Fieberkorn accepted a call to St. Charles MO. They called Rev. Peter Weeks of Bloomington, IL and he has declined. They have called Rev. Bart Fouts of Battle Creek, NE and he has declined. Additional names are being assembled.
- Rushville, St. John/Mt. Sterling, First - are vacant with the retirement of Rev. Joseph Eckman who has moved to Florida. Rev. Tom Baker is helping out with pulpit supply.
- Salem, Salem - They will be extending a call to Rev. Michael Feldmann, their present associate pastor to become Senior which he is most likely to accept. They will then reassess the potential for calling an associate pastor.
- Sherman, Good Shepherd - Pastor Schuermann accepted a call to Champaign and his services were completed at the end of December 2019. They extended a call to Rev. Scott Adel of Collinsville, IL and he has declined. They called Rev. Heath Curtis and he has declined. They called Rev. Kyle Wright and he declined. Their call list has been updated.
- Shumway, Faith - Pastor Rensner has accepted a call to South Dakota. Pastor Jerry Bagwell, EM, of Effingham will cover the vacancy. A pre-call meeting was held on April 12 at 6 pm. They have submitted their congregational self-study and some possible candidates. They are requesting a few additional names.
- Springfield, Trinity - with the resignation of the Rev. Jonathan Holmes they are looking for an Associate Pastor and have submitted names of possible candidates and have received information on them. They have extended a call to Rev. Jonathan Rusnak of Pilgrim of Wauwatosa WI and he has declined. They have suggested some additional names.
- Strasburg, Grace/St. Paul – They extended a call to Rev. Kyle Wright of Collinsville IL and he declined. A call has been extended to Rev. Christopher Lieske of Monticello, MN and he has declined. A call was issued to the Rev. Kene Whybrew of Chabanse, IL and he has accepted and installation took place on August 15 at 3 pm.
- Taylorville, Trinity - The Rev. Rodney Blomquist has retired as of Dec 31, 2020. A Call meeting was held on Nov. 10th. The office has received their self-study and work is progressing on a call list. They have received a call list.
- Thawville, St. Peter - They are presently receiving pulpit supply through Rev. Earl Kinnee.
CID 2021 Vicars/Candidates Placed
- Candidate Brian Homann [CTSFW], St. Paul, Mattoon, to St. John, Beardstown, IL (CID)
- Vicar Hayden Brown [CSL], Bethel, Morton, to Bethlehem, Lakewood, CO (RM)
- Vicar Gunnar Campbell [CTSFW], Immanuel, Tuscola to St. Paul, Hamel IL (SID)
- Vicar Oliver LaMie [CSL], of St. Paul, Woodworth to St. Paul, St. Joseph, MO (MO)
CID Vicarage Assignments 2019-2020
- St. John, East Moline was assigned Jonathan Lackey [CSL] and will begin his duties this summer 2021, working with the Rev. Kent Umbarger. At Holy Cross, Moline , working under the supervision of the Rev. Dr. Wilfred Karsten, Carl Petzold (Anna)[CTSFW] will begin his vicarage the summer of 2021 as Holy Cross' 52nd vicar. Our Savior, Washington has received a vicar, Joshua Makey, [CSL] who will begin his service with Rev. Dr. Thomas Heren this summer 2021. We will bid God's peace to Michael Wilke, Nathaniel Kunkel, Alexander Goodwin, as they return this summer to complete their final academic year at the seminary.
- Rev. Peter Weeks, Sole Pastor, Our Redeemer, Bloomington, has accepted the call to Our Savior, Carbondale, IL (SID)
- Rev. David Benning, Sole Pastor, St. John, New Berlin, has a call to Trinity, Nashville, IL, and he has accepted it and departed from New Berlin early August.
- Rev. Timothy Hahn, pastor at Trinity/St. John, Cissna Park/Ash Grove received and has accepted the call to Immanuel, Haxtun, CO.
- Rev. Glenn Niemann has renal cell carcinoma and was placed on Emeritus status.
- The Rev. Theodore Gall, EM St. John Effingham, was called home to be with the Lord on August 15th! Service was August 25th at St. John. Burial took place in Atalissa, IA Our prayers and condolences go out for the Gall family. "Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord!"
- The Rev. John Senter, EM, was called to be with his Lord on August 22nd in Metamora, IL. He was 90. Service was held at Our Savior, Washington on August 26th with burial in Litchfield. Prayers go out in behalf of his children, grand-children, great-grandchildren and siblings. The Lord bless them in the knowledge of the resurrection and everlasting life for all those who trust in Jesus!
- Aug 1 9 am Trinity Auburn preach
- Aug 2 9 am Dentist appointment
- Aug 7 6 pm St. John Chatham preach
- Aug 8 9 am St. John Chatham preach and Bible Class
- Aug 8 2 pm St. Paul Decatur Goodwin installation (Miller)
- Aug 13 noon CID Endowment Board
- Aug 15 3 pm St. Paul/Grace Strasburg Whybrew installation (Woolery)
- Aug 19 9:30 am COP Program Committee Meeting ZOOM
- Aug 26 12 noon CID CEF Trustee Lunch
- Aug 31 10 am New Pastors Orientation CID Office
- Sep 1 6:30 pm Our Savior Washington
- Sep 2 9:30 am Circuit Visitor Meeting, CID Office
- Sep 2 1:30 pm ZOOM First Liberty
- Sep 3 1 pm ZOOM mtg.
- Sep 6 LABOR DAY CID Office CLOSED
- Sep 7-11 COP Meeting St. Louis
- Sep 12 9 am Bible Class and Preach, Zion, Pleasant Plains
- Sep 14 LWML Fall Rally Holy Cross, Golden
- Sep 15 LWML Fall Rally Our Redeemer, Jacksonville
- Sep 16 LWML Fall Rally Good Shepherd, Minier
- Sep 19 9 am Bible Class and Preach, Zion, Pleasant Plains
- Sep 21 LWML Fall Rally St. John, Geneseo
- Sep 21 3:00 pm Finance and Management CID Office
- Sep 22 LWML Fall Rally St. John, Effingham
- Sep 23 LWML Fall Rally Christ, Mason City
- Sep 28 CID Board of Directors, CID Office
NOTE: The Governor of Illinois has mandated a return to masks even among the vaccinated, especially in a school setting. Mr. Trip Rodgers is available to answer your questions about how this might affect your parochial school. Please check with your local or county health department for guidelines. The events of the CID will be "in-person."