- The CID Board of Directors passed the following resolution (Nov 2020):
"Moved - to urge the congregations of the Central Illinois District to vote on the request by the Synod President to delay the Synod convention by one year, permitting district conventions an additional year to meet. The Board recommends approval. The Board of Directors will move the District Convention to the summer of 2022, pending the outcome of the Synodical vote. Carried without dissent."
- ANNOUNCEMENT FROM Dr. John Sias, Secretary LCMS: "More than the required one-fourth (63.32%) of the Synod’s member congregations registered a vote, and the majority (90.67%) of votes cast favored adoption. The stated extension of the 2019–2022 triennium by a year, allowing district conventions to take place in either 2021 or 2022 and deferring the national Synod convention from 2022 to 2023, is therefore adopted. The member congregations of the Synod and all who facilitated their voting are to be thanked for their urgent and diligent attention to this question, on account of which it was able to be decided not only by a majority of the votes cast but by a majority of the member congregations. We pray that the additional year it allows will bear rich fruit in the churchly deliberative assemblies of the districts and the Synod.
- CID Referendum Results: Yes 99/93.4% to No 7/6.6%, 106 of 151 congregations participating/70.2%.
- In line with the CID Board of Directors decision in November we can expect that our convention will be held in July of 2022.
- CONVENTION DATES: July 17-19, 2022 at Crowne Plaza, Springfield, IL
Vacancies (20 total, 14 actively calling)
- Ash Grove/Cissna Park, St. John/Trinity - Rev. Timothy Hahn accepted a call to Immanuel, Haxtun, CO and his last Sunday was September 12, 2021. A Pre-Call meeting was held on October 6 at 7 pm. A call list has been sent.
- Bloomington, Our Redeemer - Rev. Peter Weeks has accepted a call to Carbondale. Pastor John Hafermann has been serving the vacancy. A Pre-Call meeting will need to be scheduled soon.
- Beardstown, St. John - following the death of Pastor Brian Homann the congregation is considering calling from the seminary.
- Casey/Robinson, Trinity/Redeemer - The Rev. Steven Becker is assisting in the vacancy. They received additional names. They have called Rev. Douglas Irmer of Avon, IN and he has declined. They have extended a call to Pastor Joseph Hanson of Logan IA and he is now deliberating.
- Decatur, St. John - Pastor Jon Torreson accepted a call and departed for OH. Names were assembled for a call list and they have extended a call to Rev. Aaron Bird of Federal Way, WA and he has accepted and will be installed on February 27 at 2 pm.
- Havana, St. Paul - Pastor Mark Drews and other pastors from the Lincoln Circuit are assisting in the vacancy. They called Rev. Adam Mantheny of Mankato, MN and he has declined. An updated call list has been sent to them. They are looking at calling a candidate from the seminary. Their paperwork has been submitted.
- Loda, Immanuel - has been vacant since their pastor, Rev. David Allen, was called to glory. They are currently being served by Rev. Earl Kinnee.
- Macomb, Immanuel and Student Center - The Rev. Tom Baker of MO is serving during the vacancy. They had a call meeting on June 27th and called Rev. Marcus Baikie of Cheyenne WY and he has declined. They requested more names and they were sent to them to consider. They have extended a call to Rev. Justin Hestermann of Eagle Bend MN and he has declined.
- Mason City, Christ - Rev. John Johnson has retired as of Jan 31. The vacancy is being covered by Rev. Wray Offerman of Decatur. They may possibly form a dual parish with Zion, New Holland.
- Mattoon (Dorans), St. Paul - Pastor Grills accepted a call to Avilla, AR and has left. A Pre-Call meeting was held with the call committee on December 2nd at 6 pm. They have submitted their congregational self-study and await a call list.
- New Berlin, St. John - Pastor Benning has accepted the call to Trinity, Nashville, IL. The vacancy has been set up with Rev. Martin Kaufmann serving together with various pastors providing pulpit supply. A Pre-Call meeting was held with the leadership/call committee on September 23rd. A call list has been sent to them.
- New Holland, Zion - Pastor Michael Damery is serving the vacancy following Pastor Olander's retirement at the end of September. A Pre-Call Meeting was held October 5, 2020.
- Newton, Good Shepherd - Rev. Michael Seidenstricker retired at the end of 2016. A Pre-call meeting was held on April 3, 2018. The congregational self-study has been received. They are being served by Rev. Earl Brown of Effingham.
- Quincy, St. James - Pastor Fieberkorn accepted a call to St. Charles MO. They extended a call to Rev. Kory Janneke of Warrens, WI and he has declined. They also extended a call to Rev. David Seabaugh of Elmhurst IL and he has declined. They are looking at a delayed vicar prospect which than convert into a call following a year of internship.
- Rushville, St. John/Mt. Sterling, First - are vacant with the retirement of Rev. Joseph Eckman who has moved to Florida. Rev. Tom Baker is helping out with pulpit supply.
- Salem, Salem - Rev. Michael Feldmann, their present associate pastor has accepted their call to become Senior. He will be installed at 9:30 am on Sunday, October 17th. They requested and have received a call list for calling an associate pastor.
- Shumway, Faith - Pastor Rensner has accepted a call to South Dakota. Pastor Jerry Bagwell, EM, of Effingham will cover the vacancy. They have called Rev. Mark Biebighauser of Medford MN and he has declined. They have submitted paperwork to request a seminary graduate.
- Springfield, Trinity - with the resignation of the Rev. Jonathan Holmes they are looking for an Associate Pastor and have submitted names of possible candidates and have received information on them. They extended a call to Rev. Matthew Kohl of Cloquet MN and he has declined.
- Taylorville, Trinity - The Rev. Rodney Blomquist has retired as of Dec 31, 2020. A Call meeting was held on Nov. 10th. They have submitted a call for a candidate from the seminary.
- Thawville, St. Peter - They are presently receiving pulpit supply through Rev. Earl Kinnee.
- Washington, Our Savior - Rev. Thomas Heren has resigned and they have begun a process of healing before seeking a new resident pastor. They extended a call to an Intentional Interim Minister, Rev. Andrew Schroeder of White Plains GA and he has accepted and will be installed on February 20th.
CID 2021 Vicars/Candidates Placed
- Vicar Hayden Brown [CSL], Bethel, Morton, to Bethlehem, Lakewood, CO (RM)
- Vicar Gunnar Campbell [CTSFW], Immanuel, Tuscola to St. Paul, Hamel IL (SID)
- Vicar Oliver LaMie [CSL], of St. Paul, Woodworth to St. Paul, St. Joseph, MO (MO)
CID Vicarage Assignments 2019-2020
- St. John, East Moline was assigned Jonathan Lackey [CSL] and will begin his duties this summer 2021, working with the Rev. Kent Umbarger. At Holy Cross, Moline , working under the supervision of the Rev. Dr. Wilfred Karsten, Carl Petzold (Anna)[CTSFW] will begin his vicarage the summer of 2021 as Holy Cross' 52nd vicar.
- Rev. John Johnson, Christ Mason City, sole pastor to EM.
- Rev. Glenn Niemann has renal cell carcinoma and was placed on Emeritus status some time ago.
- Jan 3 New Year's Day CID Office CLOSED
- Jan 5 7 pm St. Paul Shobonier Elders mtg.
- Jan 6 1:30 pm St. Paul Havana Call Comm. reps mtg.
- Jan 8 1 pm Camp CILCA Annual mtg. CID Office
- Jan 12 11 am Praesidium ZOOM
- Jan 13 10 am Pastors Conference Committee mtg. Trinity, Pekin
- Jan 18 3:30 pm Finance and Management mtg. ZOOM
- Jan 18 7 pm 2022 CID Nominating Comm mtg. CID Office/ZOOM
- Jan 23 9 am Zion Pleasant Plains Bible Class 10:15 am worship/preach
- Jan 25 9 am CID Board of Directors CID Office
- Jan 25 2 pm Archives Board CID Office
- Jan 29 6 pm St. John Chatham preach
- Jan 30 9 am St. John Chatham preach and Bible Class
- Feb 10 9:30 am Circuit Visitors mtg. CID Office
- Feb 10 2 pm Pastors Conference Comm ZOOM
- Feb 11 12 noon CID Endowment Board CID Office
- Feb 18 11 am Pastoral Appointment
- Feb 19-24 COP meeting Santa Fe NM
- Feb 27 2 pm St. John Decatur Bird installation
NOTE: Please check with your local or county health department for COVID 19 guidelines. The events of the CID will be "in-person."