Page last updated May 5, 2020
Vacancies (26 total, 20 actively calling)
- Beardstown, St. John - A specific call for a seminary graduate was submitted, but a graduate was not placed. A call list was been forwarded to them with candidates that would be able to step into this Anglo congregation with an Hispanic mission emphasis. The Rev. Timothy Sim, Chester IL has been called and has declined the call. They have requested additional names.
- Bloomington, Trinity - They have submitted names for a call list for the position of Associate Pastor following the departure of Rev. Terry Strom. They extended a call to Rev. David McBurney of Abiding Savior, St. Louis and He has accepted. Installation is tentatively scheduled for the afternoon of August 2.
- Bowen/Warsaw, St. Paul/Concordia - Pastor Mark Jauss of MO has received and accepted the call to this parish and will be installed in the afternoon of July 26th at Bowen.
- Casey/Robinson, Trinity/Redeemer - Their congregation self-study has been completed and received in the district office. The Rev. Steven Becker is assisting in the vacancy. A call list has been sent.
- Danville, Immanuel - The Rev. Philip Callahan is serving the vacancy. A call list has been sent to them for their consideration.
- Dieterich/Wheeler - St. Paul/St. John - Rev. Stephen Gillet took a call to Tomahawk WI and a Pre-call meeting was held at St. Paul on Oct. 23. They did not receive the requested seminary graduate and a new call list has now been sent to them.
- East Peoria, St. Peter - Rev. Kurt Mews accepted a call to Ohio. A Pre-Call mtg was held on March 12, 2019. Rev. Jeffrey Dock of Louisiana MO was called and he has declined. They are asking for more names and several have been sent to them with additional names to follow.
- Havana, St. Paul - Pastor Wendorf left at the end of December. Pastor Bruce Lakamp of East Peoria will take on vacancy responsibilities. Their call list has been forwarded to them. They have extended a call to Rev. Jason Rensner of Shumway, IL and he is deliberating.
- Lexington, St. Paul - A Pre-Call mtg was held on April 15th. The Self-study is on file and a call list was sent to them. They have extended a call to Rev. Matthew Kohl of Cloquet, MN and he has declined. They have called Rev. Christopher Nitzel of Hartley, IA and he declined. They have submitted additional names and received a new call list.
- Lincoln, Faith - Rev. Mark Peters retired in September and has moved to NID. A Pre-Call mtg was held on April 8th. A call list has been sent to them. Rev. David Sewing is serving the vacancy.
- Loda, Immanuel - has been vacant since their pastor, Rev. David Allen, was called to glory. They are currently being served by Rev. Earl Kinnee.
- Macomb, Immanuel and Student Center - The Rev. Tom Baker of MO is serving during the vacancy. The office has received their self-study and nominations and a call list has been sent to them.
- Mattoon, St. John - The Rev. Adam Jacobsen accepted a call to a dual parish in MNS. A Pre-Call Mtg. was held on June 29th. The office awaits nominations and paperwork.
- Milan, St. Matthew - They extended a call to Rev. Zachary Hoffman of Gainesville, GA and he has declined. They requested a new call list.
- Milford, Our Savior - Pastor Gibbs accepted a call to MO. A Pre-call mtg. was held on Sept. 19th. Their self-study has been received and a call list has been forwarded to the call committee.
- Newton, Good Shepherd - Rev. Michael Seidenstricker has retired as of the end of 2016. A Pre-call meeting was held on April 3, 2018. The congregational self-study has been received. They are being served by Rev. Earl Brown of Effingham.
- Peoria, Redeemer - They have submitted their self-study and nominations for the position of Associate Pastor. A call list has been sent to them.
- Quincy, St. James - Pastor Fieberkorn accepted a call to St. Charles MO. A Pre-Call meeting was held on Nov. 7. Self-Study and nominations have been received and a call list has been sent.
- Rushville, St. John/Mt. Sterling, First - are vacant with the retirement of Rev. Joseph Eckman who has moved to Florida. Rev. Tom Baker is helping out with pulpit supply.
- Salem, Salem - A Pre-Call meeting was held on Nov. 5 as they prepare to call a Senior Pastor with Pastor Doug Meyer retiring this summer. Their self-study and nominations have been received and a call list has been sent to them.
- Sherman, Good Shepherd - Pastor Schuermann accepted a call to Champaign and his services were completed at the end of December. A Pre-Call Meeting was held on December 17th. Their self-study and nominations have been received and a call list has been sent to them.
- Strasburg, Grace/St. Paul – They extended a call to Rev. Vernon McKinley of Vallonia, IN and he has declined. They are requesting additional names.
- Sullivan, Faith - They extended a call to Rev. Peter Brock of Bingen, IN and he has declined. They have received new names for their consideration.
- Thawville, St. Peter - They are presently receiving pulpit supply through Rev. Earl Kinnee.
- Thomasboro, Peace - They extended a call to Rev. Michael Stoerger of Woodworth IL and he is considering it.
- Watseka, Calvary - They have called the Rev. Kyle Verage of Crandon, WI and he has declined. They have a new call list.
CID Vicars/Candidates Placed
- Candidate Tyler Arends [CTSFW], Friendship, Champaign, to Trinity, Guymon, OK
- Candidate Norlen Bartens [CTSFW], Good Shepherd, Newton, to Grace/Trinity, Neligh/Elgin NE
- Candidate Scott Brown [CSL], of Bethel, Morton to Ebenezer/St. James, Alexandria/Parkers Prairie, MN.
- Vicar Emmett Bartens [CTSFW], Good Shepherd, Newton, to Our Redeemer, Cedar Falls, IA.
- Vicar William Fredstrom [CSL], Christ, Normal, to Immanuel, Seymour, IN.
- Vicar Ian Heinze, [CSL], St. James, Quincy, to Our Savior, Lansing, MI.
- Vicar Christopher Walters [CTSFW], Trinity, Peoria, to Lutheran Life Villages, Ft. Wayne, IN.
CID Vicarage Assignments 2019-2020
- St. John's Beardstown hopes to call a bilingual pastor as Pastor Evenson prepares to retire this summer. St. John, East Moline was assigned Michael Wilke[CSL] and will begin his duties this summer 2020, working with the Rev. Kent Umbarger. At Holy Cross, Moline , working under the supervision of the Rev. Dr. Wilfred Karsten, Nathaniel Kunkel (Hannah)[CTSFW] will begin his vicarage the summer of 2020 as Holy Cross' 51st vicar. Our Savior, Washington has received a vicar, Alexander Goodwin (Esther), [CSL] who will begin his service this summer 2020. We will bid God's peace to Tyler McMiller and Paul Marks, as they return this summer to complete their final academic year at the seminary.
- Rev. Jeffrey Siegel, St. Luke/Christ, San Jose/Delavan to EM. Transferred to IDW.
- Rev. Glenn Niemann has renal cell carcinoma and was placed on Emeritus status.
- Kim, daughter of Rev. Doug and Marilyn Meyer, was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer with a tumor in her brain. She has progressed nicely and though continuing with her treatments seems to be improving.
- Rev. Eric Trickey, Senior Pastor, St. Paul - Decatur entered into eternal rest on May 28, 2020. We join in prayers in behalf of the whole St. Paul congregation but especially his wife, Sara, his children, Thalassa, and Eric Jr. and his parents Rev. Gary and Sharon. A celebration service will be broadcast on Wednesday, June 3 at 7 pm spldecatur.churchonline.org Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord!
- Rev. Dr. Rodger Abatie, EM, recently suffered a stroke and was hospitalized.
- May 5 1 pm ZOOM Meeting with Task Force on Ordained Ministers Information Form
- May 6 11:30 am ZOOM Meeting with Alliance Defending Freedom and Circuit Visitors w/ SID and NID.
- May 25 Memorial Day CID Office closed
- May 26 10 am CID Board of Directors via ZOOM.
- May 30 6 pm St. John Chatham preach
- May 31 9 am St. John Chatham preach and Bible Class
- June 2 1 pm ZOOM Meeting with Task Force on Ordained Ministers Information Form
- June 6-13 President Out of the Office
- June 16 1 pm ZOOM Meeting with Task Force on Ordained Ministers Information Form
- June 16 3 pm Great Lakes Regional COP ZOOM Conference
- June 18 1:30 pm Pre-Seminary Interview CID Office
- June 19 1 pm ZOOM COP Conference
- June 19 2 pm Appointment
- June 29 6:30 pm St. John Mattoon Pre-Call Mtg.
- June 30 1 pm ZOOM Meeting with Task Force on Ordained Ministers Information Form
- July 2-12 President Out of the Office
- July 3 CID OFFICE CLOSED Independence Day Observed
- July 14 1 pm ZOOM Meeting with Task Force on Ordained Ministers Information Form
- July 21 9 am LWML Board Mtg Camp CILCA
- July 28 1 pm ZOOM Meeting with Task Force on Ordained Ministers Information Form
NOTE: During this time of illness most face-to-face events are cancelled but someone will be available in the CID office to answer your questions and concerns...